Wednesday, October 04, 2006

headshots for James

These shots were for a headshots assignment from James. We had to shoot a person and create 6 different headshots. those were the only specifications that he gave us.

So I did some kind of unconventional.


I shot Amy Trull. She is a theater major at UNC-Charlotte. These were shots for her actual new headshots(& my assignment. heh!) - so it made it a little more fun and exciting to shoot. She was very happy with a lot of the shots. I ended up shooting about a 1gig card and a 512 card of her. I have quite a few favorites of her.


I shot them all with a D-100,24-85mm.

above: shot at 1/125s @ f/4 @ 200ISO.

above: shot @ f/13 @ 1/100s.

above: shot at f/7.1 @ 1/13s

above: shot at f/13 @ 1/100s.

all of the above photos minus the first one were shot with alien bees. one with a softbox.
the first one was shot with natural light and a fill flash.

These were my favorites from the ones I turned in for James.

I guess these COULD be considered portfolio. I will probably only put 1 or 2 of these in my book, if that. But here is my 1st 'portfolio' post.

James said the really upclose one isn't a good headshot.. I know that. I just really think she is cute and she fit perfectly into my frame! Her eyes are gorgous. I just liked the shot - I will post the shot she uses for her actually headshot later on - apparently people are prefering tighter headshots these days. (not THAT tight, but.. tighter)

I just liked it. I was happy with this shoot afterwords, it was fun and I was really happy with the results I got.. I'm not that BIG of a fan of shooting people but I'm starting to like it more and more!
I actually didn't have to do much post work on these - slight level adjustments, brightening some backgrounds a little, getting some stray hairs here & there - and brightening her eyes up a bit. That is all. It feels good when you don't have to do a TON of post work on your photos.

Let me know what you think of these.
<3>

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Fri Oct 06, 08:56:00 AM, Blogger elisahenry said...

Great headshots, Katie. Nice variety in cropping & background. Good lighting, as well. Nice work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home