Thursday, January 18, 2007

whirley gigs

I went to visit Ronnie over the christmas break in Raleigh and went to shoot these HUGE whirley gigs in the middle of nowhere outside wilson, NC.

These were my fave shots i'd have to say, I have a few others. I posted more on my other blog, but this was my favorite, I shot it in B&W and color and I really like it both ways. they are two slightly different shots, because I didn't convert the color to B&W I shot jpegs so I shot it in B&W, I wanted to see what my camera could do with B&W. and see if it was any good or not. and well, it isn't too bad - but I'd rather shoot traditional B&W FILM If I'm going to shoot B&W! but...



I shot into the sun, behind the whirley gig(back lit, ew!).. with a flash to make all the reflectors glow that are on the whirley gigs. these things are covered with them... this place is also known as "acid park". they actually turned out pretty cool.



here is a nice overall shot of the place. there are tons of them and they are pretty old, quite interesting.

Its a pretty neat place, I shot it with my fujiS3 pro and a 28-80mm lens. and my vivitar flash.
it was about 3 pm.
or so.

Those are the whirley gigs

Look it up, go there, its a really cool place.
I wish we could have gone inside the fences. but oh well - perhaps for another time.

Let me know what you think!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 23, 08:51:00 AM, Blogger Robert W. Brafford III said...

im loving the second image! it looks much better in color the dark blue on the sky blue really works for me.

 
At Tue Jan 23, 09:09:00 AM, Blogger elisahenry said...

These are really cool. The second one is my favorite. Great colors & detail. These are fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home