Monday, January 29, 2007

Robotz!

So over Christmas break I decided I wanted to start a 1950s toy windup robot collection. I have three so far.
I had alien bees one night in the past few weeks and decided to shoot them and have some fun! I kind of bought them for that reason as well, and just to give myself another excuse to buy them! but

Here are my robotz!


aw robot love! hehe


All shot on my kitchen table. with a softbox as my background. and a shoot-thru umbrella to the left/front and slightly photoshopped for levels, etc. and some dodging/burning. shot with my fujiS3 and a 24-85mm lens.
1.) 1/125s @ f/13 (again with these made up f/stops!)
2.) 1/125s @ f/16
3.) 1/125s @ f/13
4.) 1/125s @ f/9.5

Those are my robotz. it was nice to shoot something for myself, that I really have been wanting to shoot - and actually doing it. haha if you know what I mean.
These are very me! I love my robotz! this is the first shoot I've done with them, but def. not the last one - that is for sure.

Let me know what you think! <3
thanks!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 29, 10:35:00 PM, Blogger RC said...

katie,

I'm in love with oyour shots but upset at the same time! i got some robots for christmas and have been planning out what I'm going to do with them...looks like you beat me to the punch! :)

You did an excellent job lighting them and the detail is great as well! I love the simplicity!

 
At Tue Jan 30, 08:10:00 AM, Blogger Nathan Reynolds said...

These robots are AWESOME! i really like the simplicity of the white b/g with the complexity of the robots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home