Monday, January 29, 2007

Dessert (process post 1)

This was our first assignment for advertising photography with chuck this semester.

It was dessert. and I watch the food network all the time - I love to shoot food, eat food and make it when I can.
It finally gets to pay off! hah.
I actually saw the recipe for what I made on the day we got the assignment. It was on the food network. I made mocha phyllo cups.
they are pretty and they taste good! double whammy!


this was my shot that I turned in for the assignment. it was actually the first shot I took vertical (it was supposed to be shot vertical) we had to crop it 9x7.. it makes it look a little fatter - but the plate wasn't really needed on the bottom any how I guess. I shot it in the studio.. with bronocolor lights
fuji S3 pro.
24-85mm lens
1/125s @ f/9.5. (don't you love how digital cameras make up f/stops?)

I'm pretty satisfied with my results. but for some reason when I put it here on my blog it looks a lot more desaturated. So I'm not too sure about that buttt... here are my process posts. of my set up while I was shooting. I used a soft box far off to the left and another light on the wall for bounce back light. and some fill cards.




so there you have it! my dessert!
let me know what you think! <3

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Mon Jan 29, 11:30:00 PM, Blogger elisahenry said...

This really looks great, Katie. I was very impressed! Love the lighting as well as all the detail you put into making & styling the dessert. The cocoa powder is really fun & a nice touch! :)

 
At Tue Jan 30, 06:32:00 PM, Blogger p h o t o m a n y said...

It looks as good as it tasted... yum mee! The flakes of the puff are lit well. Nice composition.

 
At Wed Jan 31, 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Brittany Wright-Thompson said...

The end product turned out just a delicious as your dessert!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home